Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gathering of the Generation

I have completed the two shows of the musical at my school as I helped work backstage, and my mess ups weren't a big deal. I did have a couple panic attacks almost bailing on the show completely. It was the first time I've ever done anything with that much pressure. One single mistake could ruin the entire show and while we did make some nobody really noticed. Not even my sister who is back in town for the next few weeks and will be sleeping on our couch. It appears as if her sister will also be coming down for this summer and possibly the school year. That sister is hundreds of miles away and she's coming all the way here.

Is this the gathering of our generation? Or at the very least people I know. By the end of next summer, not the one coming up, I will have seen all the people who were ever "main characters," which brings up a completely new situation. This story seems to end in New York which I plan to go to after visiting Virus after graduation. I feel as if everything is building up for something like some master plan.

Either way, it's just really cool to have a group of friends. Carlos, Reed, Zeus, Gem, Virus, and some of their friends could be called mine as well. Never have I imagined so many new characters - as well as old ones - to be surrounding me and making up this story I call my life. It's funny now that I look around, I stopped acting like me and started to be pied piper and now I have friends and have fun! Now that's magic.

 If you noticed I left Gem in there, I been eating lunch with her and while a relationship is out of the question I don't feel I should kill our friendship. I needed reminding that it's okay to relax and have a few laughs with friends even if it means abandoning other ones. The proublem with Gem is she isn't always on my level of understanding things, especially my sense of humor, yet she can handle my autistic quirks the best. Somehow Gem can tame my inner duck, and I'd be a fool to let that waddle away.

Twenty days remain until I end Junior year, entering the summer leading up to my final year of high-school. I have almost no idea what I'm going to do with my life. For the past ten years or so I wanted to be an author for a published book, preferably by time I was sixteen. Well, here I am and no story has been successfully written. It's that that started to give me doubts, but when a teacher I had for a Media Arts class asked the class, "Why are you here? If this isn't what you want, why are you here?" and at that moment I realized I didn't want this. In the case I change my mind let's not burn down that tree yet.

I had a friend a while back who reminded me that I shouldn't use my thoughts to follow me, I should trust myself a bit more. To follow my emotions lead me to the realization that while I love writing it's not what I want my career to be. But, in that mix I also came to the conclusion I don't know what I want. I don't know who I am. I only know who I want to be. Luckily, my friends or this entire generation doesn't have a clue either so it's okay. I'll figure it out, with my friends by my side, because that's what they're there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment